Thursday, February 21, 2008

False Advertising/False Hope

Anna and I went to the "sit through our presentation get a free vacation!" thing last night. I did get some neat free gifts and my "free" vacation costs air fare plus $200, but we caught Chester the Presenter in a lie!

First of all, let me set the scene. All engaged couples plus me and Anna. Waterless pots and pans, fine china, cutlery and crystal stemware. Really loud contemporary christian music playing from a boombox in the corner. And, I swear, the guy's name actually was Chester.

For the whole set of pots and pans, plus the free gift of 4 pieces of stemware plus four pieces of fine china your walk out cost would be 2785 or something ungodly like that. But he almost had me. I really wanted to cook my vegetables in one teaspoon of water and have them more colorful and more nutritious.

Then he held up a pair of kitchen scissors and said that they would not only cut through a penny, but could also cut a raw chicken into pieces. WOW!!

So, Anna and I took the scissors, took a penny and....couldn't cut it.

The moral? Never trust anyone who loudly plays contemporary christian music on the sly.

1 comment:

Cari said...

I went to one of those seminars in college and won a "free" cruise. Too bad I had to pay to get there/home and it was only going to last 3 days.