Friday, February 1, 2008

Night Terrors

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how fast I can move for being completely asleep. I think I jumped out of bed so fast and with such ferocity that my feet didn't even hit the floor until I was to the door of my room.

Max woke me up after midnight screaming my name amid tears. I sprinted in record time from my room to his, screaching to a halt in front of his door so I could make a calming, quiet entrance and ease his fears. I creapt in whispering, "Hi honey. Shhh, you're ok. What's wrong?"

I was surprised to see that he was still in bed. From the blood curdling terror in his voice I figured he had plummeted the foot and a half from his bed to the floor.

"Mommy" he sobbed as my hand (still shaking from the middle-of-the-night-adrenalin) reached out to touch his hair, "I can't find Lightening."

Thank you, Doc, for getting us the cars from the Cars movie. Max really loves them.

No comments: